Today is my wedding anniversary and next week we get the privilege of going to a wedding. I wrote this for the happy couple:
We pray that God will give you a long, satisfying marriage full of love, joy and peace. We also want to share with you some of the things we have learned / held on to in our 23 years of marriage:
- Laughter really is the best medicine, make time for each other and laugh often. Regular date nights help keep a marriage strong.
- When you are tempted by someone else, tell each other, it takes all the anticipation and excitement out of it and you can continue in purity and faithfulness to one another.
- There will be times when your partner drives you insane, have a non-violent system in place for purging your anger.
- Avoid letting the sun go down on your anger. Keep short accounts with God and each other.
- Do not assume your spouse knows what you want or what you are thinking. Avoid years of angst by telling your partner what you need or would like from them.
- Silent treatment is passive aggression, it is never a good way to go. If you need time out, go for a walk or a drive and come back ready to mend fences.
- Stay faithful to God, “a three-fold cord is not easily broken.”
May your marriage be a safe base of operation as you turn your dreams into reality and encourage one another to fulfil your call to greatness.
© Michelle Sherlock
You can find out a bit more about the two donkeys here http://www.teslaideas.com/2012/06/04/idea-55-what-we-have-learned-from-donkeys/